The Appearance Hidden Behind The Reality

The Appearance Hidden Behind The Reality

* Do you think...
- (interrupts) No.
* I mean we...
- (interrupts) No.
* But how is it that you are so sure that you know what I'm going to ask?
- Because you always ask the same question.
* True. But still, you could have waited for me to finish my question.
- Okay, I'm listening.
Short silence.
- So?
* So, what?
- You are not going to ask again?
* Why, you already answered me.
- True.
* (cheerful) Do you want me to ask again?
- Me? It doesn't make a difference for me.
* (disappointed) You could have said Yes to that.
- I could have said Yes to a lot of things.
* You think so?
- I hope so.
* Then tell me one thing you could have said Yes.
- I could have said Yes to that question you asked a moment ago.
* (impatiently) Other than that, other than that.
- Well, let me try to remember.
They laugh.
* That was a good one.
A girl of age 25 enters from left, walks slowly through the stage, leaves from right. They don't notice her, but they wait until she leaves.
Silence.
* (exploding) The ducks.
- What?
* The ducks, I said.
- Yes, and what about them?
* They are the most talkative creatures in the world.
- So?
* Nothing. I was just thinking about my existence, and I drew this conclusion.
- (calmly) And how did you came to that point?
* I'd forgotten.
Silence.
* Did you ever thought why we are here?
- No.
* Me neither.
Long silence.
* May I ask again now?
- Ask what?
* That question.
- Which question?
* If you think we are going to be able to...
- (interrupts) Yes.
* (surprised) But you said No before!
- I mean, yes you may ask.
* Ah.. (waits, tries to remember the question, gives up)
Curtain.

8.4.8

No comments: